Who doesn’t love a warm, creamy soup on cold nights? Well, we don’t really have those in South Florida, but I crank up the A.C. and pretend while I sip on this fabulously tasty soup. I even pair it with my Awesome Rosemary Bread recipe and it is a perfect match! The best thing about this recipe is how unbelievably easy it is! Seriously, it’s only 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper). This recipe is dairy, gluten and nut free, just make sure you check the ingredients on the chicken bouillon cube as some can contain gluten. However, if you are not restricted by diet (or waistline) you could definitely add heavy cream or cheese, (or maybe toasted pine nuts?) to this recipe and it would be delicious!
- 4 large zucchinis, diced.
- 1 large onion, diced.
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cloves garlic (or 3 if you are like me)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat small amount of butter or olive oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add diced onion and zucchini. Cook 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion is slightly translucent.
- Add 2 cups of water and chicken bouillon cube. (You could substitute for 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth if you don’t want/have bouillion, but you will probably want to add extra salt)
- Boil covered on medium heat for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Use immersion blender (or dump it in a regular blender) and puree mixture.
- Enjoy hot or cold.