One of my favorite things about summer is long evenings on my patio with good friends, good music and good food. This recipe certainly falls into that category and is one of my staples for entertaining because of the fresh ingredients and no added sugar. It’s quick, easy, and tasty!
- 1.5 medjool dates, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup matzo meal
- 1 egg
- 1 medium squash or zucchini, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the squash with a large gauge grater into a strainer. Press out as much water as possible.
- Place grated squash onto paper towels or clean dish cloths to soak up more moisture. It is important to remove as much water as possible before cooking.
- Add squash, dates, matzo meal, egg and garlic to bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Form mixture into 5 round patties and transfer to plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add patties to skillet and cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Flip and cook another 4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the middle.
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Season with salt and pepper.
If you have any feedback, contact me!