Happy Labor Day weekend! My Mom sent me this recipe a few days ago and I figured making these would be a great way to kick off a fews days off from work and have something delicious to snack on in the mornings. This recipe comes from the website allrecipes. These muffins taste just like banana bread, but the crumbly topping adds just enough sweetness. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just moistened. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.