This is one of the regular dinner rotations from my childhood.
Growing up we called it haystacks, but as an adult I realize most people call them taco salads.
This is another recepie you can easily sub your favorite ingredients into which is why I like it so much
- Fritos (or other corn chips)
- Chili beans
- Ground Turkey
- Corn kernels
- Red onion, minced
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook ground Turkey on medium heat until thoroughly cooked, season as you like.
- Heat chili beans and corn on the stove or in microwave.
- Mince or chop remaining vegetables, quarter limes.
- Place fritos on plate first, followed by hot ingredients then cheese. Top with remaining ingredients and finish by squeezing lime wedge over the top.
I hope you like my family’s take on the taco salad!