I am not a morning person. I wish I was one of those people who enjoy waking up at the crack of dawn and running 3 miles, but I snooze my alarm at 8am every day.
As a result my breakfast is usually an energy bar, or nothing at all.
I am very happy to report that I found a make ahead breakfast “muffin” that I can pop in the microwave for 30 seconds and run out the door.
The best part is that you can customize this however you like, and still have a healthy, fast breakfast waiting for you.
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tbs minced red onion
- 1 1/3 cup chopped cooked meat (I used chicken sausage)
- 1 tbs cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup mozzarella (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- Salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika or your favorite spices.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan. (dont skimp or you will never get them out!)
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full and bake 20 minutes.