Ya’ll…. this Red Pepper Corn Salad is the BOMB.COM. If you’re a vegetarian or don’t eat pork, put the corn salad on tofu or chicken! However, if you do eat pork, it is certainly amazing too, especially having been cooked in my sous vide and seared in my cast iron skillet… so juicy and delicious! Great way to keep with your New Years Resolutions of getting or staying healthy if you have them!
Sous Vide Pork Chop with Corn and Red Pepper Salad
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 01:00
- 4 pork chops
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed OR 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable or canola oil to sear
- Set Sous Vide to 140°F / 60°C.
- Season pork chops with salt.
- Place in resealable ziplock bags or vacuum bag and seal. Place in water bath and cook for 1 hour.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, corn, and red pepper to pan and saute until soft and barely browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish corn mixture with chopped cilantro and set aside.
- Remove pan from heat, when cool wipe out the pan and set back over medium-high heat.
- After 1 hour, remove pork chops from bag and pat dry.
- Add oil to pan and wait until hot. Sear pork chops for 1 minute on each side until golden.
- Serve pork chops with salad and enjoy!